Attorney Terry Hamilton
Lighthouse Legal Ministries
2929 Carpenter Road, Ashtabula, OH 44004
I am writing this letter on behalf of Brian Starre and the H.E.A.R.T. Ministry. I have known Brian and his wife Diana since 1984; I know of no other couple so well qualified to meet the stated goal of their ministry: "Coming alongside the Pastor, his family and the local church to assist in areas of evangelism, encouragement, and education."
Instead of merely stating that Brian Starre is one of my best friends, allow me to give a brief overview of our friendship as a means of demonstrating my trust in my good friend Brian.
- I first met Brian in 1984 when I moved to Cleveland and joined the Cleveland Baptist Church under Pastor Roy Thompson. At that time, Brian was a layman with a very good career in telecommunications. He and Diana helped acclimate my wife Jan and I to such a huge church.
- Brian was incredibly active in the outreach and visitation programs of Cleveland Baptist Church, sacrificially giving time and money to the furtherance of the Gospel. I was not surprised when Pastor Thompson asked Brian in 1984 to become the church's Minister of Visitation. I have met dozens of men who have done a good job as Minister of Visitation, but Brian has excelled them all. There are several key factors to Brian's spiritual success.
- Brian is perhaps the best soulwinner I have ever known. He would be a tremendous boost to the evangelism program of any church.
- Yet, Brian is a good leader who has inspired countless others, including me, to work diligently for Christ. He exemplifies the kind of leader that Paul wanted Timothy to be. II Timothy 2:2 says "And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also."
- Brian's success as a soulwinner and motivator has not caused him to miss opportunities to help others in need. If "pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction" (James 1:27), then Brian is one of the best Christians you will ever meet, spending countless hours in the last 25 years ministering to the poor and needy.
- Finally, Brian is an intense, hard worker who has endured "hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ" (II Timothy 2:3).
Jan and I personally support the Starre's ministry. Let me encourage you to also pray for and support Brian and Diana in the H.E.A.R.T. Ministry. God bless you!